Advertisement

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Another First.

There are a lot of firsts for me this year that includes my first ever video on YouTube, uploaded my first designs on an online gift shop, first time to learn how to use Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro (All Adobe products). Yes, you can say I have been left behind (well, almost), but I don't think it is too late to learn new tricks/

As they say, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks", but I disagree.

According to idioms.freedictionary.com

something that you say which means it is difficult to make someone change the way they do something when they have been doing it the same way for a long time You're never going to teach your father at the age of 79 to use a computer. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, you know.
I am still a long way from that aforementioned age but being in my early 40s, I could say that there is still more left in the tank to take in more knowledge and learn new skills. I do admit though that I get headaches trying to practice whatever it was I just picked up and putting into action some of the ideas I come up with.

Unlike the young ones (whose brains are like sponges that could take in a lot of information without getting dizzy) people in my age bracket could still acquire new habits, but with a lot more effort.

More than two months ago, I had my taste of another first.

Although all my adult life has been centered upon being infront of a microphone inside a soundproof room that broadcasts music and information to radio receivers by way of a transmitter, I have never sang "live" by my lonesome until now.

It was August 29, 2016 and it was a really awesome and productive day which, in turn, inspired me to share a song which was truly unplanned. Although I had the jitters, I pushed on with it and even put myself infront of the camera.

First published on Facebook, I am sharing it with you here.



You could tell by the sound of my voice that I am not used to doing this as I am not a singer. I don't even own a karaoke machine at home (but plan to buy one so that the kids may learn how to sing). I have followed it up with another song, but that is for another post for another day.

More practice is needed.

You can listen to my radio program here.



2 comments:

  1. there's no such thing as too late, major tom. Just enjoy what you're doing long as it's legal. Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the feedback, Kiara. Rest assured I will continue to learn and share what I acquire.

    ReplyDelete