Advertisement

Saturday, October 29, 2016

My first video on YouTube.

Someone asked me:

"Why are you doing this?"

"Aren't you a little too late to join the online world"?

“Have you had any experience?”

Those questions lingered in my mind and didn’t find any answers to, until now.

No, I haven’t been outside the Solar system exploring other planets to not know and experience what YouTube is all about. It’s just that I only became truly interested in uploading videos after getting approved for Adsense the very first time I uploaded one. Prior to that I only go and watch YouTube videos to learn and be entertained.

So, my answer to question number 1 is another question. Why not?

I thought; why not make a YouTube channel to complement my personality as someone who is in radio. Others are doing it, why not join, right? It is a way to reach out to my audience and share my experiences in a visual medium rather than just be limited to the audio realm.

This leads me to answer the second question:

"Aren't you a little too late to join the online world"?

No. The whole humanity may have already begun uploading videos but that doesn’t mean we can’t just because we’re behind in the game. The early video creators or YouTube partners have ridden the wave and have now become famous. Examples are Pewdiepie, Tim Schmoyer of Video Creators, Lloyd Cafe Cadena and a lot more successful Youtubers.

They have millions and thousand of subscribers now which translates to a lot of views, in a matter of minutes, every time they upload a new video. It took years for them to get to where they are compared to a beginner like me.

And my reply to the third question is:

Yes and No.

Yes, in the sense that I’ve searched and read about the many different ways to start a YouTube channel and it could be incredibly daunting just to try. With regards to earning online, I have been part of some revenue-sharing micro-blogging sites before and stopped (or should I say, on hiatus). I also began contributing to a friend’s successful blog site as a guest writer but my primary job (as a spots producer in our radio network) comes first.

I began writing on my blog only last February of last year, 2015 and my only blog entry, thus far, is this one:


It took almost two years to finally come up with a follow-up to this blog.

No, I have no further experience as can be seen in the video below.



That is my first video on Youtube.

Born out of the sudden idea that I had when we went to check why people in our village were walking towards our community clubhouse. I whipped out my phone and started taking videos of the people after getting information that they were evacuating because of the rising water level from the small river that cut between Phase 9 and East Bellevue.

Since then, I have 10 videos on my YouTube channel MajorTomPhil and hopefully I could add more content to the channel as I go along this journey.

What were your experiences when you started?

I’d like to know. Leave a comment below.




No comments:

Post a Comment